1.22.2007

Titanic Made Dicaprio Want To Quit

Leonardo DiCaprio considered quitting acting after the success of Titanic, because he felt like people were only concerned with his looks.

The Departed heart-throb became convinced he was considered nothing more than "another piece of cute meat" after starring alongside Kate Winslet in James Cameron's 1997 blockbuster.

But he quickly came to realise that his new found super stardom would allow him to take on more demanding roles in future, to prove his critics wrong.

He says, "It was pretty disheartening to be objectified like that. I wanted to stop acting for a little bit.

"But it changed my life in a lot of ways, but at the same time, I can't say that it didn't give me opportunities. It made me, for the first time, in control of my career."

To be honest I really wanna dislike Leo. But I can't. We have this love~hate relationship. I love some of movies, I love his environmental work, and I hate how he is constantly brooding about the intensity of fame and how he must be know for something other than his looks. Get over it and get over yourself! And for that matter get off Scorsese's nuts!

Source

No comments: