3.22.2007

Avril Lavigne Bust Balls in the April issue of Jane Magazine

Did you hear the one about the time Avril Lavigne kicked some guy in the crotch after he said he didn’t like her music? The Jane cover girl shares her proclivity for ball-busting in the magazine’s April issue.

More surprising is the revelation that she co-wrote the Kelly Clarkson song "Breakaway" when she was barely 16 and has actually been to a Britney Spears concert.

Read on for interview highlights as the 22-year-old reveals why she didn’t go for the punk wedding, why she’ll never do drugs, and why she’s the best thing that ever happened to her husband, Sum 41 singer Deryck Whibley.

On going to a Britney concert:
“My mom made me go to a Britney Spears concert when I was young. And I was like, ‘No, I don’t want to!’ She was like, ‘You’re going to be a performer, you need to see other people!”

On her wedding last July:
“I wanted to be like, ‘Oh, let’s totally have a rock ’n’ roll, goth wedding.’ But at the same time I was like, ‘I’ve been dreaming about my wedding day since I was a little girl. I have to wear a white dress.’ I wanted to be a princess, okay?”

“People thought that I would have done, like, some black wedding dress, and yeah, I would have. But at the same time, I was thinking about our pictures, and I wanted – that’s why I have this ring – I wanted to be in style. It’s a classic. I didn’t want to be, like, 20 years later, ‘Oh, why did I wear my hair like that? It’s not cool now.’”

On her husband’s past drug use:
“He doesn’t do drugs. Clearly, he used to, because he talked about it, but I wouldn’t be with someone who did, and I made that very clear to him when we first started dating. I’ve never done coke in my life, and I’m proud of that. Oh my god! I could never! I am 100 percent against drugs.”

On whether she gets jealous of her hubby’s groupies:
“No, we have a really good, strong relationship. There’s a lot of trust. I know how much I mean to him and...I’m the best thing that ever happened to him.”

On fighting:
“I remember being in Toronto, and walked into a CD store and some guy with spiky hair was all, ‘Hey, Avril!’ and then started lippin’ at me. I was like, ‘Okay, this is embarrassing, I’m just going to leave.’ So I’m walking down the street and the guy comes out of the store still yelling. I turn around, f--kin’ grab him and go, ‘What?’ And I f--kin’ knee him in the balls, throw him down, and his f--kin’ punk girlfriend comes over and goes, ‘What the f--k are you doing?’ And I go, ‘What the f--k are you doin’?’...I think it’s funny, but I wouldn’t do it now. I would just be like, ‘Okay, you’re a loser.’ Then I would leave.”

On writing the song "Breakaway":
“I didn’t like it. It kind of reminded me of a church song. But after my first record, someone said, ‘Kelly Clarkson wants to sing that song,’ and I was like, ‘Okay.’ She has a beautiful voice and she’s a nice girl. She did a really good job with it.”

On her personality:
“Part of me is tough, like I’m really opinionated, outspoken, a bit of a tomboy – but I’m also a young lady, very girly, and I can be really quiet.”

No comments: